This is particularly true during the early stages of a blogging career because of the multitude of things to accomplish in order to position ourselves for long-term success. But too much work has a downside, like too little time spent with the family, risk of burn-out and a host of other things.
So how can we best keep a balance and maintain happiness across the board?
Plan Each Day
Utilizing a to-do list or some other tool to keep your day structured so that you maintain order is key. It’s best to accomplish your most important tasks first while your energy level is at it’s highest. Establish a time for the day to end as well.
Stay on Schedule
This is where you can assure yourself of completing your day as planned, insuring that there is time for personal life activities on the back end. Following a schedule establishes routines and should be observed even if you work from home.
Learn to Say No
Inevitably, if you work from home there will be those who think you have all the time in the world and will ask for chunks of your time for various reasons. Short of emergencies and critical activities; make every attempt to stay on schedule. We cannot be everything to everybody.
A regular exercise program is a must for healthy living and longevity. Exercise uses up oxygen and causes us to burn stored fat.
Developing or maintaining healthy eating habits allows us to get the most out of our energy but more importantly, keeps our bodies in good working order.
Have Some Play Time
As important as it is to work, it is also important to play. Be sure to get away from everything regularly and enjoy your favorite recreation activity. Movies, dining or whatever it is that is fun and enjoyable helps you find that balance in life.
So what about you?
How are you maintaining a balance in your life?
Please share some of your experiences in the comments below.
- pinterest on Are You Just a Big Dreamer?
- LED grow lights discount on Have No Fear of Failure, It’s How You Learn to Succeed
- cell phone bugs spy gadgets on The Deadline – A Great Tool for Getting Things Done
- Ruth on Build a Great Twitter Profile
- local search optimization on IMAutomator – A Social Bookmarking Tool That Delivers
- IMAutomator – A Social Bookmarking Tool That Delivers
- How to Get Rid of Writer’s Block
- 5 Benefits of Networking
- Are You Just a Big Dreamer?
- Have No Fear of Failure, It’s How You Learn to Succeed
- The Deadline – A Great Tool for Getting Things Done
- Build a Great Twitter Profile
- 16 Habits That Can Change Your Life
- Brand Consistency – A Key Element to Success
- How to Create an Effective Daily To-Do List