Having just returned from Blog World 2010 with a boatload of ideas and things to pursue, it dawned on me that many others who attended are likely feeling the same way. Of particular concern are the early stage bloggers who were fortunate enough to make the trip.
For them, I had thoughts of whether or not they are truly ready to make a lifestyle change in order to pursue their dreams. Certainly some are, but the vast majority of early stage bloggers fail because they have not fully committed to making the change.
The reality is this; sacrifices will have to be made in order to move forward. If you really want to obtain the ultimate lifestyle for yourself you will have to change the current one.
No longer will there be time to sit and watch TV for hours on in, nor will there be time to just hang out on the weekends with no concern for the clock. You will find that many of life’s leisurely activities will have to be reduced or stripped away.
Will it be uncomfortable?
Without a doubt, but you’ll have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable before it disappears.
It’s all about commitment now, meaning you must live, breathe and eat your goals and objectives to obtain them.
I blogged for the better part of a year while I slowly attempted to unplug from other activities. I had a couple of outside business interests that paid fairly well, but my heart was no longer in it. I figured that I would move away from those businesses in a gradual pace while ramping up my blogging time. The result, #fail.
My experience taught me that it doesn’t work like that, at least for me it didn’t. So one day I decided to just chop things off at the knees and move on, freeing my mind to fully concentrate on building an online business.
You may have to do the same if things are not moving in the direction you want to go at the pace by which you’d prefer.
I say that to say this; avoid placing yourself in a position of putting off the inevitable. Self assessment is very powerful and it is something we should do regularly. When we are honest with ourselves critical decisions become easy to make and you’ll find that life gets easier as well.
Blogging and building a real business is hard work that requires demands your full commitment and dedication. For most, that means a lifestyle change because it is unlikely that you’ll find the level of success you seek as a hobbyist or dabbler.
You have to take some risks in life to get the payoff and like a good hand in poker; you may have to go all-in.
So where are you?
Are you all-in or just hobbying around?
- Howard on Happy Holiday To All!
- best psychic in new york on Backup Your Blog Automatically
- unaccountabledo29.tumblr.com on IMAutomator – A Social Bookmarking Tool That Delivers
- Austin construction dumpster rental on Recharge the Batteries – How to Avoid Being Overwhelmed
- Breast Augmentation Toronto on Recharge the Batteries – How to Avoid Being Overwhelmed
- Recharge the Batteries – How to Avoid Being Overwhelmed
- Happy Holiday To All!
- Backup Your Blog Automatically
- IMAutomator – A Social Bookmarking Tool That Delivers
- Productivity – The Importance of Setting Deadlines
- Have No Fear of Failure, It’s How You Learn to Succeed
- How to Make Tomorrow Show Up Today